Age UK aims for optimal care for elderly in Great Britain. Elderly especially feel lonely during the Christmas period. To address this problem, Age UK along with Unruly (a programmatic advertising agency) developed a video marketing campaign concerning loneliness, with a clear CTA: Donate now!
With the use of dynamic video ads, StoryTEQ managed to turn the original commercial into a personal and relevant commercial by using the location of the viewer. Our software makes it possible to adapt videos based on contextual data on the open web. The intro of the video was personalized by city: the number of lonely elderly in the city of the viewer was automatically shown in the commercial. This way we could serve personal and relevant information based on contextual data.
How Unruly Utilised AGE UK data with Localised Creatives
- Targeted each UK county with a localised start frame to make consumers aware of how many lonely older people there are in their county
- Emotional targeting to reach the audience most likely to connect with the ad. Unruly isolated a custom audience of viewers that felt Inspiration, Sadness and Warmth most strongly
- Placements across BBC Good Food, CBS News and Metro.co.uk.
- Brand study to track creative’s success
Key Placements for Age UK
- +190% CTR - Click Through Rate
- + 94% increase in intention te donate
- 76.1% viewability (2 second, 50% in view), far exceeding MOAT benchmark of 58.8%
- 172% increase in likelihood to recommend the Charity
- 57% of viewers were likely to donate in the future, 27% more than in the control group
- 60% of viewers intended to take at least one action after seeing the ad, with talking to someone about it most popular (31%)
- #2 Best Christmas Campaign at OMD world wide
- Cannes Silver Media Lion in de Data Driven Marketing categorie